View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 19 Nov 2018, 00:42

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Controlling Line 6 Vetta... 

Post Controlling Line 6 Vetta...
Hi everyone. I'm not yet an owner of Bitstream but am trying to figure out if it'll be what I need to do the following:

Can I use sysex to establish CONTINUOUS CONTROL over parameters in my gear that have no CC# assigned to it? AND, is there a midi controller out there that can send continuous sysex instead of all at once as the control knob turns?

I've got a digital modeling amy (Line 6 Vetta II) and some of the parameters have no CCs assigned to it. I can see via SendSX that when I turn the dial on the amp that a string of sysex is generated at every increment as the dial turns. Of course sending the whole chunch of strings would just mirror the turn of the dial. I'm trying to establish continuous control of these stomp box, EQ, and compressor setting within the amp from my midi control surface but it has no memory to store sysex. I read that Bitstream sends sysex sooooo...

My question is, can Bitstream Pro or 3X capture, store, then assign each string of sysex that my amp knob generated to a controller on the Bitstreeam so it sends out each string at each position of the dial? If it can do that, I'd have continuous control of any parameter, right? Line 6 makes editing software to see all the parameter, stompboxes and amplifiers/cabinets in the virtual world but I don't want to mess with a mouse and laptop when at a live gig or in the studio needing to make quick tweaks. I'm trying to get total tweakability without having to touch the amp except maybe to press "save". Can I establish continuous control overy any parameter on this amp which is a computer in it's on rite? Please tell me it's true! :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who has insight on this.

02 May 2006, 22:15
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]